2.23.2006

Bush says trust "my government"

The latest attempt by Bush and Co. to squash a growing bi-partisan chorus of doubts about the UAE port deal is laughable. From the Washington Post today:

"This wouldn't be going forward if we were not certain that our ports would be secure," Bush said at a Cabinet meeting. "The more people learn about the transaction that has been scrutinized and approved by my government, the more they will be comforted that our ports will be secure."

So Bush is certain, but can't say who or when the deal was made? Heck, he supposedly didn't even know about the deal until he started listening to the media!

And what's with "my government"? Did we give it to him? Does he own it? Is he king?

1 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Bushco is trying to say:

the 9/11 commission called the UAE a troublesome partner in the "war" on terror, but I'm upgrading them to a 'valuable' partner, as of right now.

the CIA called off a missile attack targeted at bin Laden because he was with members of the UAE royal family and they didn't want to hurt them, but believe me, they were just there for a wedding and didn't know who he was.

the UAE is all tied up with my daddy's billionaire's club, the Carlyle Group, so it's good business for my family, and what's good for my family is good for America.

Even though I've been exaggerating the threat of terrorism for 5 years in order to gain more political power for myself, even though I told John Kerry in the 2004 election debates we would never put our national security in the hands of another country, you gotta trust me on this one 'cause this is the one time I don't want the American people to be scared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home