1.23.2006

Bush Step Down - with a Bullhorn

I just rented a bullhorn from Frager's Just Ask Rental on Pennsylvania Ave. in DC. I plan to put it to use next Tuesday night during our President's State of the Union Address when Shrub will address tax cuts (they've boosted the economy), energy prices (they're not THAT bad) and the rising cost of health care (rising?really?). What about unwarranted spying, Iraq's new best friend Iran, and the White House's ties to Abramoff? Well, you'll just have to tune in and find out.

I don't have much faith that he'll actually start telling the truth - did you SEE last year's address? - so taking it to the streets with a bullhorn is my next best option. I will try to video and post here, so be sure to check back next week.

In the meantime, anyone know any noise ordinance laws for DC or VA?

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Well, I never told anyone they couldn't listen. so yes, I am a supporter of free speech.

And the shouting Bush down part, it's kind of a figurative thing really, see, we are not actually allowed into the room where Bush will be speaking. And Fascism is really not about a shouting match... it's more about dictatorship and the rise of business and police state over personal liberties.

I may be naive and young, but I know more than you already! Thank goodness.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 50 years old and have never done drugs in my life. I go to church every Sunday, hold a well-paying job, pay lots of taxes, etc. And yet I'm a liberal. I know lots of people my age in the same boat. So I guess that shoots Moonbat Monitor's theory about how everyone becomes conservative as they age. I will never be a conservative -- it goes against my conscience and I could never live with myself! I guess that makes me a naive child, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home