1.17.2006

First Post and Possibly the Last

I decided to start a blog. I cannot be sure this is a good idea until I move forward with it, so yeah, here it is.

Let's brainstorm. My blog could include:

Political Rants. I am intelligent and female, therefore liberal. My friends are tired of me emailing DC travesties. I spoke to some republican dude at the bar on Saturday night and almost spit Red Bull Vodka on his face. I need a better outlet, even if no one is listening.

Travel information. I'm planning a big trip to Asia and Australia in two months. This could present some interesting situations. I was thinking of incorporating videos.

Decontruction of Celebrity and Boomer Bullshit. I've expressed particular hatred for these two groups lately, but really, it could be anyone.

Shopping. As I've only been working about a year and a half since graduation, I do not have a lot of money. This does not keep me from looking at websites and craigslist everyday. Maybe I could link to things I think are particulary cool and worthy of blog mention.

Social Responsibility Issues. I find myself, like many other people my age, highly hypocritical. I'll discuss ways we can start to be a bit more thoughtful with our money and action.

Pop Culture. Similar to celebrities, but so much more. For example, I don't think our Generation Y has a literary voice in the world. Discuss.

Business. I'm looking into a web-based business, but the process has been drawn out because it's hard to start anything. As my father's favorite motivational speaker says, "You don't have to get it right, just get going". I can track progress to Eat Daily (www.eatdaily.com) on this website.

This may not be completely original (I tried to choose the least popular template at least), but what is original? I may be angry. Or confused. And I'm a terrible speller. But maybe I can do AdSense and make some money. Or get my head together so I'm not feeling as useless to society as I already do. Either one will be a success as far as I am concerned.

8 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Yeah, I get what you are saying. Keep going. It can be remarkably theraputic.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks Jac. You are my first official comment. How did you find me so fast?

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does that mean I'm getting sloppy seconds?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Yes.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Occasionally I hit the "next blog" button on the top of my page, just for a bit of random fun. You were the next blog this morning. I do love Chicago. I also love Washington, even with all the Republicans. I am completly sick of being in the political minority, though, and would understand a move to less 'red' waters! ;)

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome! Who is that handsome man behind the sunglasses?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

I know it's you Jason.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day from Melbourne, Australia. I found your blog through technorati.com, because you mentioned social responsibility in your post. Include all of the above. Keep blogging, it's a big world, there's plenty of room.
Some links you might like:
popgadget.net (tech for women)
43folders.com (helps you to get things done)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home